Monday, December 25, 2006

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Well, it is officially Christmas day now. Antonio, Tatum, and I have already celebrated his birthday many times and we still have more to do tomorrow(today really since it is past 12 midnight). Everything has been going pretty well, but for some reason Tatum has been really fussy today. I think it is because we have just been going constantly since about 2pm on Saturday. I just think she is tired and tired of being passed around and stared at by people. Well, I have LOTS of pics to post eventually when everything slows down. I also have lots of stories to tell later, but i will share one now...

Tonight Mckayla, my 3 yr old niece, took her bath and got ready for bed. All of the rest of us were playing games in the living room and she walks in with her pajamas on, but she also has her winter coat on with her Cinderella slippers. I couldn't figure out what she was doing, but then she informed us she was going to spread the "reindeer food" outside the front door so that the reindeer would know to stop at her house. So, we all went outside to watch/help her. I did take pics, but I am just too tired to post them right now. THEN we went inside and fixed Santa a plate with 3 cookies and a Diet Coke and put them around the fireplace.(I got pics of this too.) She was just so excited for Santa to come and it made me think of times back in the day when I would get so excited on Christmas Eve.

Seeing the excitement in her eyes was just so special and it was fun to be a part of it. I wish I could be there in the morning when she goes downstairs and sees all of her presents from Santa. I know she is also getting what she told Santa she wanted, so that is even more special. Anyway, that is one of the stories I wanted to share. I will share more later.

Remember Jesus during your celebrations!!! We are having the best time celebrating Tatum's first Christmas! She got so many presents today and I can't wait to have time to go thru them again so I can sort them out and see everything.

Anyway, until next time.....be safe out there and remember the reason for the season!

No comments: