Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Festivities Recap-Saturday

I will attempt to post a few blogs about EVERYTHING that happened over the last few days. So, let me get started...(This blog is Saturday's events only.)

Saturday we all got showered and ready and headed out for Jackson, TN to go to the "Price Family Christmas" get together. It consists of about 70-75 family members that get together, visit, eat, and sing. I am proud to say that the family is VERY musically talented. Most everyone sings well or plays some type of musical instrument(drums, trumpet, piano, flute, etc.) Since Laurie and Cyp were not going to attend due to Mya being so young and not ready to get out in the cold yet, Antonio, Tatum and I went and picked up Mckayla to ride with us. I will post many pics below. Most were taken by Mckayla(my 3 yr old niece). She LOVES to take pics with my camera and I must say, she is pretty good.

This first pic is Tatum getting her bath from her Daddy so she would be clean and ready to go.


Next is my sister-in-law, Jennifer, that lives in Virginia. This was the first time she had a chance to meet Tatum. I think Tatum really loved Jennifer holding her!

Next is my brother Matt and his girlfriend Stephanie.


Matt and Mckayla.


Matt and Mckayla again being silly and then our cousin Brian jumped in the picture to be silly too!



The next several pics are the ones that Mckayla took. It took her a minute to get the hang of it(plus we figured out that she zoomed in and we had to undo that, but as you can see, she did awesome.)

































The next pic is my cousin Hannah. She held Tatum for almost an hour and Tatum just LOVED her!!! Thanks for holding her Hannah!





I think this next pic is the only one that Antonio and I got together the whole weekend(except for the pics that were done professionally on Sunday.)



It is tradition that when we get together with this family that we all sing together. This is one of the generations that was singing. My mom is in the group in the red sweater to the right.



This next pic is one of my cousins that is an AWESOME trumpet player. He is about to graduate college with his masters and is going to go back and get his doctorate too!



We also make ALL the inlaws get up and sing a few songs too. As you can see, Antonio, Jennifer, and Stephanie all participated, but my dad wouldn't get up there.



And then, my generation has to sing. My brothers, Clif and Matt, were up there with me.



And then we added in the next generation with us which included Mckayla. She did so good singing. We even got to sing her favorite song Jingle Bells!



Then it was time for my grandmother's generation to get up there. To the far left is my grandmother, then her sister, and their brother, and then my cousin. My grandmother's other sister was unable to make it up from florida this year and their other brother just had major surgery, so he wasn't able to make it. Please keep him in your prayers!



As you can see from all of the pics, we had a wonderful time visiting with everyone. One tradition that i actually took some video I can't get to upload, so I will just tell you about it... The men in the family are known for their long noses, so instead of being embarrassed of this, they embrace it by "playing their noses." It is so funny! I am sure this description is vague to everyone that has never seen it,but I am just not too sure how to describe it. Anyway, if I ever figure out how to post the video, or if someone knows how to tell me to do it, then I will get it on here.

No comments: