Friday, December 15, 2006

Date Night?....Not Tonight!

Antonio and I had date night planned for about 2 weeks now. We wanted to go see "The Pursuit of Happyness" with Will Smith. When Antonio left for work today I reminded him about date night and he seemed very excited about getting out of the house and going on a date. Tatum and I went to my work to eat lunch with some of my co-workers and then headed home. Tatum took a nap and I went ahead and bought movie tickets online so that we would not have to stand in line and the movie would not be sold out.

WELL...Antonio DID get home on time and we both got ready, changed Tatum into her night gown, and wrote out instructions for the babysitter. Fifteen minutes after the babysitter was to arrive, she still was not there and had not called so I decided to call her. Only after I called her did she inform me that she was going to be late. I said okay and hung up. After I got off the phone Antonio and I talked and we knew that the movie was going to be sold out and showing up late to a sold out movie is not a good idea because you are not going to find a seat. And if you DO find a seat, you are not going to find 2 together. Long story short, I called the babysitter back and told that we did not need her to babysit tonight.

SO, not only did we NOT get to see the movie that we had planned on seeing for about 2 weeks now, we are also out $18 because I bought the tickets online which means they were non refundable! And I was actually looking forward to a night out just me and Antonio. Needless to say I was a little mad and bummed out because of all of this, but I guess I should have expected something to go wrong.

Oh well, if you know of any RELIABLE babysitters in my area, let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh April, I'm so sorry your date night got ruined. Hopefully you'll be able to make it up some other time. On the bright side, at least you saved some money by not having to pay the babysitter.