Sunday, December 10, 2006

Busy Weekend!

Tatum, Antonio, and I all had a very busy weekend. Friday night we all went to El Mezcal to eat and hang out with lots of our friends to celebrate Tim's birthday! I have known Tim for about 6 years now. I have always thought he was SO funny. Antonio and Tim lived together from the time Antonio and I started dating until we got married. It was so good to get out and see everyone. Tatum dressed up nicely and got passed around so that she could "talk" to everyone.

Below, you can see Tatum with her "Uncle" David and Allison.


Next is Nicole and her son Parker. He is SO CUTE!! He had the smiling for the camera down! He even came to sit with me since his Mommy was holding Tatum. He told me what he wanted for Christmas. Hopefully Santa will bring him everything he wants.



Below is Jennifer(Tim's wife), Tatum, Jessica, and me.



And here is David again. Everytime he would get to hold Tatum someone would come and get her, so he didn't get enough quality time with her. He promised her that he would come and visit again after things slow down.



The next pic is titled "MY TWO DADS!!"



Below is a pic of Tim after the waiters came to sing to him. They put the hat on him and some whip cream on his nose. Look how excited he looks!



Then Tatum stole his hat so she could wear it for a little bit. Her FIRST Sombrero! (I hope I spelled that right.)



Then Antonio and I went home and made a deal...he would feed Tatum for all of the night feedings so I could get some continuous sleep for the first time in 6 weeks! I was SO excited! I had pumped and so I fixed the bottles for Antonio. So, I went to be and went straight to sleep. When I woke up in the morning I thought that I must have slept really hard because I only heard Tatum crying once and that was like at 6am. Well, come to find out Tatum slept for 7.5 hours straight!! That's right, 7.5 hours straight! I was so happy, but then I thought how easy Antonio had it! I also woke up to her in the living room with Antonio. I went and sat down in front of her and she was smiling SO MUCH!! She has been smiling for about a week or so at us and not just in her sleep, but it is getting more frequent. I tried to capture a few pics. She opens her mouth really big when she smiles and it is so cute. See....






Saturday, I got up and got me and Tatum ready and we went over to my sister's house to hangout with her family, my mom(who was in town to help my sister for the weekend), and Mya!! On my way to their house I dropped off all of our Christmas cards in the mail! When I got to Laurie and Cyp's house, we dressed Mya, Mckayla, and Tatum up in their Christmas outfits and had a photo shoot. Here are several pics from Saturday, but trust me, there were SO many more pics taken!













I got home Saturday night and made a deal again with Antonio, and he agreed again to let me sleep and he would do all the night feedings. I went to bed and went to sleep right away and Tatum slept for 7 hours again! I am hoping this is going to be the norm from now on, but if not, I appreciate her picking the weekend to sleep long hours.

We had another Tatum milestone Saturday night...we moved her up to size 1 diapers. They look a little big on her, but the newborn ones were getting too small. I was dressing her Satuday morning and noticed that she had a small case of "butt cleavage," so I thought it was probably time for a bigger diaper!

Sunday-I got up and knew I was about to face the inevitable...I had to go Christmas shopping. I made my list Saturday night of who I had to buy for and where I needed to go, so off I went and Antonio stayed home with Tatum. I shopped and shopped and shopped and shopped some more. For 5 HOURS I shopped! I made it to 8 stores PLUS the mall!! I did buy for almost everyone that I needed to, but by the time I got home I was REALLY tired! I decided to not stop there though, I unloaded the car and started wrapping the gifts. I wrapped for another 3 hours before I just had to stop. The good news is I only have about 10-15 more gifts to wrap and about 2-3 more people to buy for. Hopefully I will finish my shopping by this coming weekend so that it will be out of the way by the time my brothers get to town. I will keep everyone posted.

Until next time....

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow-congratulations on her sleeping so well, that's great! I'm sure you appreciated the rest. She is a doll and I just love the pictures of her with her 2 cousins! So sweet!

tpillstrom said...

Tell Tatum thanks for letting me see her beautiful smile today! It was so awesome. Oh...tell her sorry I almost dropped her! I feel really bad about that. She's just slippery! J/k! I got my Christmas Card today and I just love it! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You are so on the ball, April!

I love the new pictures of Tatum. She is getting so big. Those smiles are the best, aren't they?