Thursday, October 26, 2006

Today Is THE Day

It is currently 5:21am and of course, I can't sleep. For the past 2 days I have gotten up around 4 am, so I guess I can be okay with anything after 5. I did not forget to blog yesterday, but because Antonio and I were doing some major cleaning and rearranging, we decided to move the little wireless internet box which made it not work. Anyway, sometime after I went to bed last night Antonio moved it back and got the internet working. So, long story short, I did not get to show Antonio how to post pics, but I did write it down step by step and I think he can figure it out from there.

Yesterday was my first day of maternity leave, and it was very busy. I had to go to Walgreens and Freds, so I did that early in the morning. Then my dad came down to Memphis and I got to help him put in 3 new windows in our house because the other ones were broken. I must say it was hard work, but I enjoyed it because when I work with my dad, he lets me actually DO stuff. (Antonio thinks I am always going to hurt myself, so he doesn't want me to do too much. If he had seen me yesterday, he would have had a heart attack!! I was climbing ladders, using a drill, etc!!) We finished that up around 2:30 pm and I had to take a nap. I woke up and started cleaning the house. I mopped, washed dishes, moved things around, finished cleaning the guest bedroom out, washed clothes, and put together Tatum Alivia's swing(all by myself because I wanted to surprise Antonio). When Antonio got home he worked and worked and worked too. I finally went to be around midnight and he was just getting started I think. I am not even sure what time he finally came to bed. Our front rooms look so good with the new floors and we have cleaned out so much, so everything looks a little empty, but I like it. We will fill it in soon enough I am sure.

Antonio and I talked last night and we are both so excited, anxious, nervous, scared, etc. We just don't know what to expect, but we are READY!! We have taken all the classes, read all the stuff on the internet, compared notes with other young couples with children, etc. We sat down and set up our rules for the labor and delivery room. (Family only on Thursday unless she arrives really early, no one in the room until AFTER I get the epidural, no one in the room if I am being "checked", no one in the room if I am in pain, no one in the room if I am trying to sleep, and no one in the room when I start pushing{That no one does not apply to Antonio of course}).

We are really counting on getting induced today and having Tatum Alivia in our arms, but if it doesn't happen it will be a little disappointing, but okay I guess because we are DEFINITELY on the books at the hospital to get induced Monday the 30th. That is only 4 more days and it is not like I have to work or anything. We can also do more on the house and spend more time together.

Well, I guess I need to try to get back to sleep or something. I will try to keep everyone posted and let everyone know something as soon as we know something. Let's just say that I will post a blog if we get sent home. If no blog is posted by lunch time then chances are very good that Antonio and I are in the hospital!! Please keep us in your prayers. And feel free to come see us and meet Tatum Alivia in the hospital on Friday if you want to. I am guessing we will be there until Saturday afternoon and then we will be home.

No comments: