Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Doctor Appointment Today

Well, I had another doctor's appointment today. I was a little nervous about going because today was going to be the first time Dr. Bannister was going to "check" me to see how I am progressing. WELL, after waiting an hour in the waiting room, the receptionist called me(along with some other women) up to the desk to inform us that Dr. Bannister had to leave to do an emergency C-Section, so we could either wait or reschedule our appointment. However there was of course no guarantee as to when she would be able to return. Long story short, I opted to reschedue since there was really no other option but when she told me the next open appt she had it was AFTER my already scheduled appt for next week. Anyway, I didn't get to see Dr. Bannister today, so I am going to have to wait until next Wednesday to see if I am progressing at all. I am sure Tatum Alivia isn't going to come before my next appt, so I am fine and I understand that in that line of work, things happen but I must admit I was a little disappointed to not get th see anyone today. I wish I had more news, but that is all for now.

The things that I can tell you are...
-My feet and hands have been swelling this week, but it's not unbearable. I guess it is a little understandable since it is over 90 degrees in OCTOBER!!
-I am constantly waking up in the middle of the night and my hands are numb. I am not laying on them or anything, so I don't know why they are doing this, but it is kind of weird.
-Tatum Alivia is kicking harder and harder and more and more these days! What am I going to do when I don't feel this anymore???
-I feel like I am outgrowing my clothes now. I have bigger clothes, but it needs to get a little cooler before I can wear them.

I guess that is it. Don't think that I am complaining at all about being pregnant. I have been blessed with a great pregnancy with no complications up 'til now. I am just ready for her to get here. However, another part of me is not ready at all.

I am ready:
-to see what she looks like
-to give her a million and one kisses
-to finally hold her in my arms
-for Antonio to get to bond with her
-to stop talking about being pregnant
-for a 3 month "vacation" from work
-to starting losing some of this weight so I can feel more normal
-to see all of her firsts (smile, steps, etc.)

I am NOT ready:
-for the lack of sleep that is ahead of me
-for the feeling of not knowing what to do
-for knowing that Antonio and I are responsible for her future in EVERY way (scary)
-for those hard things (labor, breastfeeding, etc.)

I know i am rambling too much, but these things are the things that are on my mind right now. Of course, I will blog more later and keep everyone up to date on the latest happenings, so stay tuned...

No comments: