Monday, October 02, 2006

Baby Shower

Antonio and I were blessed to have our fifth baby shower Friday night. We had so much fun playing games and visiting with everyone. We also received SO MUCH!! Antonio and I feel so blessed and we are excited for Tatum Alivia to get here and meet everyone. I must warn you, there are TONS of pictures from the shower below, so enjoy! I will try to give you insight on each picture.



Below is a picture of my sister, Laurie, who is pregnant too. She is about 6 weeks behind me and looks awesome. As you can see, you can't even tell she is even pregnant.


This is me and Monica. She goes to Antonio's mom's church and interprets for me(and anyone else that does not speak Spanis) from Spanish to English. She is so sweet and beautiful. I can remember before Antonio and I got married there was an event over at Antonio's parent's house for the church and Monica and I were in the kitchen talking. She told me then that I was not only marrying into the Simpson family, but I was also marrying into their church family. That meant so much to me at the time and I doubt she even remembers it. Anyway, I love to see her! She is so awesome and I appreciate her so much!


This is a random picture of me before one of the games we played. Notice that WONDERFUL double chin of mine!! lol


Below is one of the games we played. Each person had to take the streamer that was being passed around and try to tear off exactly how big my waist is. Then, each person had to bring their streamer piece up and measure to see how close they got. To the left of me is Josephina and Monica, and behind me is Blanca(Antonio's mom).


This is another game we played where the player had to use ONE hand and pull the clothes pins off the line and name something a baby needs for each clothes pin(wipes, diapers, crib, car seat, etc.). Whoever could pull the most using only one hand and holding ALL the pins they pulled won. Below is Monica, my mom, and Josephina.


This is another picture of the same game. In this picture is Monica, Amanda(Antonio's cousin), and Josephina.


Antonio's dad even participated in the games and he actually won this game and got a prize!


After eating and games, we got to open all of our presents. The present below is a "box that kept on giving". My mom amazes me by how much she can fit into a little box. I think we got like 15-20 baby outfits along with shoes, hair bows, bibs, etc. Of course, we could not fit everything back into the box, but that was okay with us.


We/I was also very excited to receive my breast pump. Lots of you probably already can tell, but I got the cadillac of all breast pumps. This is going to be so handy especially when I go back to work! Thanks to Antonio's parents for this!


Here is a picture of Antonio and I before cake time.


This is one of our nieces, Gabby. She had just finished playing soccer.


This is our other niece, Mckayla. She loves to stick out her tongue these days for pictures.


Below are some pictures of just some of the items that we got at the shower. As you can see, we were very blessed to receive LOTS including washing detergent, a baby grooming kit, sun shades for the car, blankets, baby books, stuffed animals, LOTS of diapers in all sizes, LOTS of wipes, etc.










We will be putting all of these diapers and other presents to good use VERY SOON and we can't wait! Unitl next time...

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

5 baby showers-you are soo blessed! McKayla is soo big now! Still adorable as ever! And you look great-I can't believe you are so close to having that baby! I'm gonna call you in the next day or two because I'm dying to hear from you in person about how you are doing!