Monday, October 23, 2006

Quickly Approaching D-Day!!

Antonio and I are quickly approaching Tatum Alivia's Delivery Day and we are getting so excited!! Our hardwood floors got put in last week and we are finishing some painting so we can get the living room, pantry, and entrance room back in order. It seems like the closer we get to D-Day, the more things I can think of that we need to do before she arrives. I just want everything to be perfect and completed before we go into the hospital so that there will be nothing to do when we get home except take care of Tatum Alivia. I can't believe that in less than a week Tatum Alivia will be in my arms and out of Mommy Hotel!! It doesn't seem like I have been pregnant for 39 weeks already!!

Antonio and I had our last official "date night" just the two of us this past Friday. We went to eat sushi (don't worry, I didn't eat any raw fish) and then rented a movie. I know it sounds very simple, but we enjoyed it.

My last day of work is either going to be Tuesday or Wednesday. I haven't decided for sure yet. I am hoping my dr. gets us in the hospital and gets Tatum Alivia out Thursday, but if something happens and it doesn't work out that is fine because I am definitely booked to be induced on the 30th and I am sure I can find plenty of things to do Thursday and Friday if I am at home.

Everyone keeps asking me if I am nervous, if Antonio is nervous, etc and we always tell them we are just ready. Well, I had my first little nervousness come over me Saturday night at the Memphis football game. Antonio and I went to the game, but at half time the score was 21-7 and Memphis was losing, so we decided to leave and come home to paint. As we were saying goodbye to everyone, one of our friends made a comment that sent chill bumps all over my body. She said, "Well, the next time we see you, you will be a mommy!" I don't know why that sounded so weird to me, but I must admit, it did make me a little nervous hearing it. I am just praying that we are good parents and hopefully, we can remember everything we learned in our Parenting Class.

I plan to teach Antonio how to blog and post pics on here, so he can post them right away after Tatum Alivia arrives. SO, visit often for updates and I will try to be good about keeping everyone posted on the latest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! She will be here before you know it. Can't wait to hear the good news when Miss Tatum Alivia arrives!

Kimberly said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait! You are about to have one of the best days of your life-when Tatum Alivia arrives! Teach Antonio to post pics because I'll be checking every minute to see her pretty face! I'll be pray'n for you guys to have a healthy delivery and that the next week everything goes just as planned for your house and everything else for her arrival!