Friday, January 26, 2007

Busy Day

Today, Tatum and I started our morning by going to visit with the lady that might keep Tatum. Tatum was in such a great mood. She was smiling and talking to Ms. Gayle and was just a perfect angel(trust me, she is great most of the time, but she also has her moments!) I was just so nervous she would throw a fit or something and Ms. Gayle would tell me that she didn't want to keep her because she might be too much of a handful. After visiting with her for over an hour, I felt like that was exactly where Tatum needs to be for now, so we committed to her that when I go back to work in a few weeks she will be keeping Tatum. Let me tell you, this lifted so much stress off of my shoulders because I was getting nervous that we would not be able to find anyone! AND, she is going to be saving us LOTS of money!!

Next, we went to Cintas to see my co-workers and let them see how much Tatum has grown. Tatum was tired, so she fell asleep after about 10 minutes of being there, so we cut our visit short. It was good to see everyone and I look forward to getting back into the swing of working.

Then we came home for about 45 minutes so that Tatum could eat. After she finished eating, we called Daddy-O(Antonio) so he could meet us up at the hospital. We went to see Courtney and Alec's beautiful new baby girl! She arrived yesterday(a day before Courtney was set up to be induced!). Maddison weighed the same as Tatum did when she was born, 6 lbs and 13 ounces. I got to hold her and she felt SOOO TINY!!! I can't wait to see her grow! I can see it now...Maddison and Tatum playing on a soccer team together with Daddy Alec and Daddy Antonio coaching their little girls and Courtney and I cheering them on from the sidelines!! Courtney looked awesome and Aunt Jessica was glowing with pride!

After the hospital Tatum, Antonio, and I went to lunch. Tatum has been in the BEST mood today. She was just smiling and talking to Antonio at lunch and you know he was loving it!! The funniest/cutest thing happened last night...as I previously posted, Tatum rolled over for the first time a few weeks ago. Well, last night, Antonio was trying to put her to bed and I was already in bed because I was SOOO tired. Anyway, all the sudden Antonio turns around and shouts "SHE ROLLED OVER!! Hey April, she rolled over!" I told him that she did that a few weeks ago and he said I know, but this is the first time that I have seen it! It was just so cute because if you know Antonio you know that he doesn't get REALLY excited very often. Anyway, he was definitely the PROUD PAPA last night!

If you are an Oprah watcher, she had the best story on today about the guy that is blind and very talented. I loved that his dad is so dedicated in helping his son. If you didn't see it, this guy is in the marching band at Louisville and he "marches" by having his dad roll him around on the field while he plays the trumpet. It was so sweet and made me cry. I don't really know why I was crying. Was it because of the story alone? or the fact that the boy played the trumpet like I did? or was it that he was in the marching band like I used to be? Who knows...

Anyway, I will be posting another blog tomorrow, so stay tuned....

No comments: