Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Before I Was A Mom....

I found this and it is SO TRUE and so fitting in my life right now so I thought I would share...

Before I was a Mom, I made and ate hot meals. I had unstained clothing. I had quiet conversations on the phone.

Before I was a Mom, I slept as late as I wanted. I never worried about how late I got into bed. I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday.

Before I was Mom, I cleaned my house each day. I never tripped over toys. I never forgot words to lullabies.

Before I was a Mom, I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous. I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom, I had never been . . . puked on, pooped on, spit on, chewed on, peed on, or pinched by tiny fingers.

Before I was a Mom, I had complete control of my mind, thoughts and body. I slept all night.


Before I was a Mom, I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin. I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom, I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom, I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body. I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby. I didn't know that bond between a Mother and her child. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important. I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.

Before I was a Mom, I had never known . . . the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment, or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much . . . ... before I was a Mom.

- Author Unknown

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh this post brought tears to my eyes! I love it!
I never knew how much I could love before I was a mom!

Courtney C. said...

Oh my goodness! I love it! It was definitely something I needed to read today! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi April, just stopping by to see your blog, very nice the text "before I was a mom" , very true.
And I liked your Christmas pictures. You have a nice and big family :)
Greetings,
Ilse (BabyDCV)