Tuesday, December 30, 2008

More Mateo Pics...

Here are some more pictures from yesterday and today for friends and family. We tried to get the memory cards from everyone's camera and upload their pictures to OUR computer so we would have them all together. So, some of these are from yesterday and some are from today. They are not well organized either, but I hope you enjoy them anyway.

The two grandmothers (Nana and Grandmommy) with Mateo right after he was born...

Mckayla, me, Mateo, and Mya...I love that Mya is too busy looking at Mateo to smile for the camera. She sure loves him though. They came to visit again today and she kept saying "baby, baby, baby". Mckayla also wanted to hold him today but he was asleep and we didn't want to wake him. I know that Mateo is going to get lots of love from these two cousins of his. I can't wait for him to meet Gabby and Caiden too.
My mom with Mateo right after he was born....please ignore me in the background....yuck
Like I said, these pictures are a little out of order, but here is my last belly picture taken 12/29 at about 2am.
Front view....who knew Mateo would weigh over 8 pounds!?!?!
This picture was taken by Antonio RIGHT after Mateo was born. The nurses had wiped him off a bit and then put him on my chest....so Mateo was literally a minute or 2 old. He did come out crying too(as you can see)...
Aunt E. E. and Mateo
My mom (Grandmommy) and Mateo while we were still in the L&D room...
My friend Ashley holding Tatum. She came by to see him this morning. It was my plan to take pictures of ALL the visitors that came to the hospital, but I didn't do so well with that as the day went on. I totally forgot to take pictures of a few of you and I am sorry about that....I will take them next time...
Mateo passed his hearing test...
My grandmother, Gran (Mateo's great grandmother) holding Mateo today. She drove all the way from Jackson, TN today to meet him.

Mya and Laurie
Tatum meeting Mateo for the first time. She was 'being gentle' and rubbing his back like I was doing. She came in the middle of feeding time for Mateo, so I stopped feeding him so she could see him. Needless to say, he wasn't too happy about the quick stop to eating so he was crying a bit.
Tatum checking out her little brother, Mateo
Tatum decided Mateo needed a few kisses...
Tatum does NOT like to pose for pictures these days. As soon as you ask her to, she will do anything BUT pose. She WILL say 'CHEESE' but won't look at the camera usually. However, today, she didn't mind posing, smiling, and actually LOOKING at the camera with Mateo.
Our first picture as a family of 4. I look horrible, but I still love this picture of us all.

I thought this next picture was cute...Tatum is keeping a close eye on Mateo while Eliana is holding him. She didn't want him too far out of her sight I guess.


Tatum was letting me fix her ribbons in her hair and I thought this was so cute. You can tell from the BIG SMILE that she is just so excited about Mateo finally being here. I hope that is still the case when she figures out he is actually going home with us!
Our friend Shane stopped by for a visit too.

Antonio and Eliana, his sister. I think this is an awesome picture of them both.
Everything is still going great with Mateo. I slept well last night with only a few interruptions from nurses.
Breastfeeding is still a concern of mine, but we have had lots of help from one of the ladies in the nursery(which I LOVE!!!) and she is back again tonight. I also had a lactation consultant come in to help with a feeding today too. She was a little off the wall, but I got some good info from her too. She was ALL about making feeding times=family times. She wanted me feeding, Antonio holding Mateo's hands, and my mom rubbing Mateo's feet. It was a little MUCH for me since it isn't realistic that all that will be going on when we get home. Anyway, I am just taking it one day at a time.
Mateo is very easy going. He slept at the end of my bed for 2 hours today. He doesn't mind it (right now) that we weren't holding him either. I hope that this transitions to the house as well. It will make things much easier. I do think he looks alot like Tatum did when she was a baby. I promise to do some side by side pics to compare them, but I will save that for when things slow down and we are actually at home.
As you can see from the pictures, Tatum did meet Mateo today and she loves him. I let her sit in bed with me and hold him in her lap. She was giving him kisses, rubbing his back, and pointing to all of his body parts (nose, ears, mouth, eyes, hair, etc). Tatum will be staying with Eliana again tonight and then she will be back home with us tomorrow night for New Year's Eve and then we will all be home together all day New Years Day too. This will give us a definite look into how our life is going to be as a family of 4.
I guess that's all for now. It is about time for Mateo to come back to the room for a feeding and then I will try to get some sleep.
Tomorrow will be a BIG day for us....Mateo is getting circumcised. Please keep him in your prayers...and us too. I hope we do good at keeping him as pain free as possible. If anyone has any suggestions to make his life as easy as possible over the next few days until he heals completely, let me know!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi April! Your mom tells me about your blog everytime I see her, so I have been checking it out to see how your pregnancy has been going! Congratulations on your new little boy! I know you are so proud! Best of luck to you and your family for when you get home. Congrats again!

Amanda said...

Congrats! He is such a cutie. I loved the Christmas card...and the name seems just perfect for him. Looks like Tatum is adjusting well too. As for suggestions...change diapers very frequently b/c teetee burns and use lots and lots of vaseline. I remember John driving to Walmart at 4 am to get some our first night home. And you can ask the pediatrician about the neosporin with pain relief. The nurses at the hospital told me not to use it, but I had friends that said their pedi approved it. ??

Jennifer said...

Who would have thought that 8 lb baby came out of that little belly! Tatum and Mateo and both really cute!

Martha said...

Congratulations on your precious baby boy!! I am glad that everything went so great!!

Mrs. in Memphis said...

aw, so glad everything is going okay for you guys! :)