Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our Big Girl!!!

Let me start off by saying that I sure hope I don't jinx anything by posting this....

Okay, tonight is the 2nd night that Tatum is sleeping in her big girl bed. Night one went down something like this...

Antonio changed Tatum's diaper, put on her PJs, read her a book, and layed in her bed until she went to sleep (about 30 minutes). I was prepared for Tatum to wake up in the middle of the night, cry, and we would have to decide whether to put her back in her crib, put her in bed with us, or one of us sleep with her. However, this never happened. We didn't hear a peep out of her until 6:30am!!! This is an hour earlier than she usually wakes up, so that wasn't too cool that I had to get up so early, but I would take that anyday over having to get up at 2am.

Tonight, Tatum ate supper, Antonio gave Tatum a bath, put on her PJs, read Tatum a story, and left her awake in her room! It has been an hour since then and we haven't heard a peep again. She never cried when he left or anything. Once again I sure hope I am not jinxing this 'cause I was expecting this to be tough, but Tatum is making this too easy.

I PRAY that she sleeps in a little bit tomorrow or else we will have to figure out a new morning routine so we can get out the door at a decent hour.

But, so far so good! I will also try to post pictures of her new room soon. While her bed is put together and her dresser is nicely painted and a bright white, that's about it. There are no curtains(they are in her old room still), nothing on the walls, and we still have an ugly bookcase in there that needs to be cleaned off an removed. So, her room is still a work in progress, but her closet is PACKED! (Surprise, surprise!)

2 comments:

The Duff Family said...

That's great news!!! You need to save those 2AM awakenings for when the baby arrives.

Unknown said...

YAY Tatum!!! That is great!!!