Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Baby Simpson Update...

While this post doesn't have any pictures, I promise it does have some drama at the end.

Okay it has been forever since i updated about Baby Boy Simpson. I have gained a total of 19 pounds so far and I am a little over 29 weeks so I am happy with how I am progressing there.

We STILL don't have a definite name. We do have a first name, just not the middle name yet.

The nursery is at a stand still. We have to do Tatum's big girl room before we can fix the nursery for the baby. Not sure when this will happen due to below drama.

Baby Boy Simpson is DEFINITELY a mover and night owl! He kicks so much and so hard, but I think all of the kicks are my favorite part of pregnancy.

So, as I posted a while back, I got the stomach virus and lost 6-8 pounds in about 48 hours. I am pretty sure I got dehydrated then, but didn't ever go to the hospital.

The next week(last Monday) I started having sinus problems again and I am still having that issue.

All that being said, I have been having what I think are Braxton Hicks contractions since I got sick with the stomach virus. At my dr's appt last week I told her what was going on and she checked me and did a test that would tell if I was going to go into labor in the next 2 weeks. The test came back negative, and I was sent on my way.

Well, *HERE IS THE DRAMA*, yesterday I went to lunch and had a great time and left. I was hurting low again, so I thought I had to "use the restroom". I went home, used the restroom, and I was still hurting. THis was around 1:30pm. So I did all the things that you are supposed to do with Braxton Hicks to make them go away, drink lots of water, take tylenol, and lay down on your left side. Nothing was helping. Antonio got home and I finally decided to take a warm bath and it didn't help either. Finally at 7:15pm I called the on call nurse and told her what was going on....long story short, I ended up at the hospital last night in Labor and Delivery.

My friend Brandy came over around 8:15pm to sit at our house while Tatum slept and we headed to the hospital. They monitored me for about 30 minutes and I was having contractions. At around 11pm, they gave me an IV of fluids and a med to stop my contractions. I was finally sent home around 1:30-2am. I slept all morning today and when I got up, called Dr. B's office. The nurse told me to come in tomorrow at 10:30 to see the dr. Until then, I am on bedrest.....eeerrrrrr.

I don't think/pray it is nothing major, but I am just not feeling well. I still feel crampy down low and my back is still hurting. Hopefully we can figure it all out tomorrow and I will be back to normal soon.

Until then, LOTS of water and off my feet!


Jennifer said...

What! That's crazy! I knew you have been feeling the contractions for a while now. I'm sure everything will be fine. I hope your back is feeling better. We can help you guys out with anything you need. You know I owe you! Take care and hope you do well on bed rest.

Milton, Alesa and Addyson said...

You just get your rest!!! We will be praying for you and Baby Simpson!

Janice said...

Call me if you want my help. I still remember how to cook and clean and take care of MY BABY. Make sure you follow the doctor's directions and stay in bed. Be patient and get some wonderful rest.

JRH said...

rest rest rest!!

Buck Rogers said...

glad to see you are ok. this sounds liek waht chelsea had and all she could do is rest so listen to the dr

Kimberly said...

I hope I didn't rub off on you! I'm glad to hear baby Simpson settled down finally and hope he doesn't pull anymore of those "tricks" any time soon! Take it easy and if u need to come back here for another girls weekend to rest you are more than welcome!!!!