Monday, April 21, 2008

My Birthday Weekend...

Let's see, I thought I should do a recap of all that we did this weekend. Friday, I went to work and when I was headed home, I got held up on my street because 2 cars were blocking the road. I was so mad that I went home and got my camera out to take some pictures...
As you can see, it wasn't just ANY random cars, it was COP cars. I would like to say THANK YOU to these cops for blocking the street and causing a few people to almost have wrecks head on trying to get around you. Lovely tax payer's money at work...
After I FINALLY got home, Antonio and I got ready, dropped Tatum off at Antonio's parent's house for the night and met up with some friends at The Butcher Shop. I have been wanting a good steak, so my meal really hit the spot.
After dinner, this came out to our table...
Since there were only 8 of us at dinner, this is what was left over for the staff at the restaurant to enjoy.
Here are pictures of everyone that was there....first up, Tim and Jennifer...(Tim was too busy enjoying his yummy cake to smile for the picture).
Jessica and Scott...
Mike and Jenny...
and me and Antonio...
and me and Antonio (take 2)...
After dinner we all headed to the bowling alley for some bowling fun....here are Scott and Jessica being silly...
Jennifer said it couldn't be done....she said I was not allowed to take a picture of someone else taking a picture, but I did it anyway....haha..
Then she posed for me...
Here are all the girls...
After bowling, Tim, Jennifer, Antonio, and I all headed to Sheridan's Custard for some delicious ice cream and then went back to their house to watch a movie.
Saturday, Antonio let me sleep in while he went and picked up Tatum from his parents house. Then, Jennifer, Tatum, and I headed to the gym to work out(Tatum went into the childcare at the gym). Jennifer and I tried a Yoga/Pilates class, but I HATED it. I couldn't stop trying to figure out how to get out of the class early. We ended up staying the whole time and said we would never go back to that class.
After the gym, we headed to the mall so I could go buy my birthday present(I told Antonio I wanted new tennis shoes, so he thought it would be best that I picked them out myself). We at lunch at the mall and then shopped for about an hour. I got my tennis shoes and ended up getting Antonio and Tatum some new tennis shoes as well. After that, Tatum and I headed home for a much needed nap.
Saturday night, we went over to Kevin and Ashley's house for a birthday party for Kevin. Here is his cake...
If you can't read it, it says, "You're no George St. Pierre, But You'll Do!" If you don't know, George St. Pierre is a UFC fighter that Ashley thinks is pretty nice to the eyes.
Coleman called dibs on the BLUE balloon and he couldn't wait for his mommy to light all the candles...


Tatum now LOVES to put on any shoes left laying out.(heels, tennis shoes, flip flops, whatever). Scott left his shoes out and she decided to climb in them...


Since there were so many people and kids at the birthday party for Kevin, we decided to let Tatum stay up as long as she didn't get fussy. She stayed up til past MIDNIGHT!!! She was so good and we changed her into her PJs before we headed home. I think she was out before we left the driveway, but we had lots of fun.
Sunday, my actually birthday, Antonio, Tatum, and I slept in and then got up and headed to brunch. After brunch we decided to go to the playground at our gym and let Tatum play for a bit. She had a great time. Here are some pictures...
We are all wearing our new tennis shoes, but you probably can't see them in the pics...





Tatum LOVED the slide the best...





I wanted to get a picture of Tatum on her way down the slide...
As you can see, I did get the shot, but failed to really catch Tatum very well before she hit the ground. DONT WORRY, she didn't cry or get hurt or anything, but she did end up sitting on the ground instead of in my hands.
This is the look that Antonio gave me for not catching her...
This next picture is my absolute FAVORITE picture of Tatum. It is a picture of her coming down the slide that goes in a circle as it comes down. As you can tell she was LOVIN it and static was building up in her hair too.
When we told Tatum we had to go home to nap for a little bit, she did this...

We went home and napped for a bit. When naps were over, we got up, got ready and headed over to Antonio's parent's house for my birthday dinner. Antonio's mom and Aunt fixed me a wonderful Colombian meal and I loved it. I didn't even think to get my camera out to take any pictures, but we had a great time spending the evening with the family.
We headed home and went to bed so that we could start our work week off on Monday(today). I had a blast this weekend and it was super nice because the weather was so beautiful. A huge thank you to everyone that made my birthday so special!







5 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy belated birthday! Looks like it was a GREAT weekend!

Gavin's Mama said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Jennifer said...

April-did you purposely leave out how old you are now? I had a good time this weekend! Tatum is a tough girl!

Mrs. in Memphis said...

it looks like you had a fabulous birthday! i'm so glad. i enjoyed the pics of tatum at the park...that one of her with that face sliding down the slide is sooo cute! she's a doll!

Amanda said...

Looks like you had a great birthday!!