Sunday, April 27, 2008

Happy 18 Months and Miami

Today is Tatum's 18 month birthday. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to post cause I am on my work computer in Miami, but I wanted to write about how much Tatum is doing.

She is SO grown up now! She talks so much (even if we don't understand most of it). We can carry on a conversation for a while. It is so cute.

She LOVES LOVES LOVES Maggie(our chocolate lab). As soon as she gets up in the morning, she has to see Maggie. Before we leave to go to school she blows kisses to Maggie. As soon as we get home she goes to check on Maggie. And, before bedtime she tells Maggie night night. It is super cute and sweet. Maggie loves Tatum so much too. They give each other kisses through the baby gate and Tatum gets to give Maggie a treat every day too.

She is definitely walking and doing a little running too.

Her vocabulary is growing so much. She makes lots of animal sounds, but her favorite are a dog, rooster, duck, and cat.

She is now officially off the pacifier. That was much easier than we thought it would be and we are not going back!

She went through a period where she would hardly eat anything we put in front of her, but she is not getting much better. She will pretty much eat anything that is dipped in something....ketchup, ranch, honey mustard, etc.

I already miss her so much, but I know she is in great hands with Antonio.

I guess that's about it for now. I tried to take her for her 18 month checkup this past week, but they wouldn't see her til after her 18 month bday, so I will take her next week when I get back from Miami.

I left home this morning and got to Miami about noon. A few other coworkers and I checked in our rooms and headed to the pool for a while. I got a little sun on the front half of my body, but now I have this line cause there was NO WAY my fat butt was going to be pointed towards the sky for all to see. Oh well, I would rather have a line I think.

After the pool time, I showered, unpacked my bags, and rested for a while. I just ordered room service and plan to eat, watch Big Brother, and go to bed.

Tomorrow starts the first day of my "living like a diabetic patient". I have to check my sugar 4 times a day, take 3 insulin(really saline) shots every day, write down EVERYTHING I eat and drink, count my carbs, and document any exercising I do. It should be very interesting.

Well, that's it for now. I dont know if I will be able to post much this week or check emails or anything because I forgot my computer charger(EEEERRRR!!!!). However, I may be able to find one to borrow since everyone here for training has the same computer.

Have a great week and I will be posting pictures from my trip when I get home. I already took a 'priceless' photo today.

One more thing....HUGE CONGRATS to my friend Heather. She had her baby, Jayden James, today. He was 3 weeks early, but he weighed 8 pounds 6 ounces and is healthy and happy. Heather and James(her husband) are proud new parents, but please keep them in your prayers as they begin their journey in life as a family of 3! (Heather is the one that I had a baby shower for a few weeks ago that I blogged about). I am going to see them on Friday night when I get home, but I am upset that I don't get to see them all sooner.

2 comments:

Mrs. in Memphis said...

how lucky are you...in miami! wow! i think that is so sweet about tatum and maggie...my niece hannah does the same thing with her 3 labs. her favorite thing to do now, is to tell them, "No!" haha. have fun in MIAMI!!!

Amanda said...

Have fun in Miami!! I can't wait until it's warm enough to swim here.