Thursday, November 29, 2007

Late Night Luvin'!!

Last night, I didn't go to bed until about midnight which is very late for me. All was well, I layed down in the bed beside Antonio and put my head on my soft pillow ready to begin dreaming soon. However, no more had I layed my head down than I hear Tatum stirring in her crib which is no big deal because she moves around alot. Then I heard her begin to whine a little and I just figured she was trying to find her pacifier. However a minute or two later, she went into full out crying. I went in her room assuming her pacifier had ended up in the floor and she needed me to give it back, so I went in and leaned over her in the crib. Tatum was just laying there crying with her pacifier in her mouth. She quickly looked up at me and jumped up with her arms up for me to pick her up. So, me being the softy that I am, picked her up and held her tight for a minute and rocked her in my arms. I then started to put her down and she started crying again, so I took her to the living room. I sat in our chair holding Tatum as she held me. She quickly went to sleep and I put her back in her room. We did this two more times. The third time it happened at around 2:30am and I was sitting in the living room holding Tatum, I couldn't help but think about the fact that no matter how tired I was, just knowing that holding Tatum made her feel safe, happy, relaxed enough to go to sleep, and loved just made my night. In that moment and for that moment, I must admit feeling like a good mother and I loved it!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm sure that was worth getting no sleep!

Anonymous said...

You are AMAZING!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I read this post looking for a whole different story :(