Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's the Small Things in Life....

...that I appreciate the most. With this Thanksgiving holiday coming up, it is so good to reflect on the great friends and family that surround my family. We are very thankful for all that God has blessed us with this year and years past.

Those small times in our everyday lives are some that I don't take for granted anymore. I thought it would be nice to capture a few from this week and post them as we begin to pack our bags and head out of town...

So, let us start with Tatum's new favorite chair...

...that's right, her POTTY chair that Grandaddy gave Tatum for her birthday. We have taken it out of the box so that she can get familiar with it. We also sit her on it once a day without a diaper. We are in no way expecting Tatum to start being potty trained or anything, but we also don't want her to be scared of it. I think we have gotten that one covered...

There was also a time this week that I thought I had discovered something new for Tatum to eat and it would be quick to fix for her and we could eat sushi. Well, that idea was just a good THOUGHT as you will see below...a one year old and chocolate pudding don't mix well.


Tatum had the chocolate pudding EVERYWHERE. It was in her hair, nose, ears, arms, legs, etc. Needless to say, bathtime followed right after. Antonio and I could have gotten frustrated and taken the pudding away, but Tatum was having a good time and we enjoyed watching her. Cheap entertainment.........PRICELESSS!



These next two pictures are pictures of Tatum's first pony tail. As you can see, all of her hair wouldn't go up and fell pretty quickly.

Finally, today I went to get my "haira" done before the holiday season started. Amber, the lady that makes me feel beautiful, just had her first baby 2 MONTHS ago and is already back in tip-top shape. She looks amazing and made me KNOW that I need to drop some more LBS! Anyway, I called yesterday to make sure she was going to be back to work today(yes, today was her first day back) and to see if she would cut Tatum's hair too(She did Tatum's first professional haircut a few months ago and I wanted her to do the second one too.). She said she would cut Tatum's hair, so Antonio went with me and we took some pictures...

Tatum did so good. She sat up in the chair like a big girl and wore the cape too. I did not get her bangs cut, Amber just shaped up the back again. I think Tatum loves to get pampered like her mommy. There is nothing that can make you feel like a "new woman" as fast as a new haircut can.



Daddy-O, aka Antonio, helped in the pampering....These are just a few things that have happened this week that have put a big smile on my face. Can you blame me??
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I will be sure to take lots of pics and post them later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family too, April! Are you guys planning on being at the game on Saturday?

Amanda said...

I love the chair pics! And you have inspired me . . . It is time for some much needed and long overdue hairapy (short for hair-therapy)!