Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Things I Will Miss

Well, I am not sure if anyone is reading my blogs yet or not because other than my mom and Kimberly no one is commenting, but I like doing the blogs, so maybe the comments and readers will add up eventually. Anyway, here is what has been on my mind lately...

It seems as though when ladies get pregnant, it is common to discuss "what we miss about our pre-pregnancy days". Well, it is true there are things that I do miss, but I was thinking today of all the things I think I will miss when I am no longer pregnant. Ya know, the things that I enjoy about being pregnant. Thinking about all of these things does a few things for me: (1) I don't mind being pregnant, (2) I am not so ready for her to come out, (3) I realize just how blessed I am. So, here are some of the things I enjoy about being pregnant...

1. I enjoy eating whatever I want(for the most part). I have never been one to really watch what I eat, but now if I am hungry I eat. Now, if I start gaining too much weight this may change, but for now, I am happy with my weight gain and all.

2. I love the cute clothes. Okay, so there are lots of maternity clothes out there that are not so cute, but seeing as how my sister is pregnant too and we can wear the same size, we have double the maternity clothes that most people have and I must say I love most of them....(Thanks Mom for stocking the closets so well!!)

3. I don't have to feel guilty about gaining weight. As I stated earlier, I have not gained TOO much weight, so I am okay with the weight gain. I don't have to constantly watch the scales for the most part and it feels great. And even when I do gain that 6 pounds in one month, it's okay because it is all worth it.

4. I love the naps. I love being able to take naps every day if I want to and not have to explain why I am so tired. I have always been somewhat of a napper(even back in high school), but now they are almost expected!!

5. Okay, I was not really happy about this one at the beginning, but it is growing on me...my 1/2 outie belly button. That's right, it's not really an innie any more, yet not really an outie, so it's my own special 1/2 outie and I am growing to love it! I have been told it will go back to normal (and I hope it does), but for now it's okay.

6. One of the not so happy things about the pregnancy...on Feb 23rd of this year is when I went to the dr. and first found out I was definitely pregnant. I remember going and being so excited!! I was only 4 weeks along and it was mine and Antonio's little secret because we didn't want to tell too soon. Well, long story short, this is also the day that one of our chocolate labs, LISA, got hit by a car and died. So, because of this, this day will always be remembered as a bitter/sweet day for us. We miss her very much and we know that Maggie(her sister) misses her too!

7. I will miss the anticipation of each doctor's appointment. Every time we have an appointment I get so excited, especially those major ones when you find out (1) "YES, YOU ARE PREGNANT!" (2) hearing the first heartbeat, (3) trying to find out the sex of the baby(the first time the tech could not tell so we had to come back again, and (4) actually finding out we were having a GIRL! However, even though those are the major ones, all of them have been great because each time, I meassure right on track and we get to hear the heartbeat and it is just so awesome!

8. Finally, the thing I think I will miss the most is feeling Tatum Alivia constantly kicking!! I know many ladies say the bigger she gets the more it hurts, but I don't mind. It is like our little secret between each other...she kicks and I smile EVERYTIME!! No one else can tell she is kicking, so that just makes it more special. I can't even describe what it feels like, but it amazing! It also tells me that she is still doing well and hopefully enjoying "Mommy Hotel" for now.

I am sure there are some other things I will miss, but for now those are what I could come up with. I kind of like being pregnant! Don't get me wrong, I will be glad when she gets here because I can't wait to meet her! I want to see what she looks like, who she acts like, see her first smile, etc., but I am enjoying each day that I am pregnant. So many times, people tell you how bad pregnancy is and how you won't want to do it again, but they are all wrong....the good definitely outweighs the bad!! How can you not feel absolutely blessed by the final product, THE BABY?!?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most of the things you have said you will miss, I STILL miss to this day. It is hard to believe that Parker is going to be 3 right before Tatum Alivia arrives. Before you know it, she will be turning 3. I absolutely loved feeling him kick and get the hiccups. And people truely don't understand until they have experienced pregnancy for themselves. I didn't mind being pregnant until the very end. I remember standing in the shower after I had had him and feeling so wierd that he wasn't inside kicking me anymore. I hope that you enjoy babyhood and toddlerhood as much as we have.

Kimberly said...

I love this list! Already I miss a lot of those things...but you can still eat pretty much whatever you want and more if you breastfeed! I am seeing the weight drop off and I'm still eating tons! Love that! And I didn't even think about my belly outie until you wrote that, I checked mine and its back to normal! Ha! So funny! The kicking thing is a wonderful shared secret between you and baby-that constant reminder that there's a little one inside and she's coming soon! I can't wait to see Tatum Alivia!
And keep blogging even if not many people are commenting at first-it takes a while for people to. I look back at my first posts and hardly anyone ever commented. But it is theraputical to just write sometimes whats on your mind, tell what you've been up to, record moments you'll want to keep. I miss talk'n to you girl...give me a little bit more time to get settled in and I'll be call'n you!

tpillstrom said...

I miss all of those things you listed especially the kicking! I still eat what I want...but let me warn you...the second time around the weight seems a little more stubborn! Let me just tell you that when she gets here all of the awesome things will out weigh those that you will miss! Like when Kaden looks up and smiles at me while he's nursing. This morning at 4am when i was feeding him he just looked at me and let out the loudest laugh! How awesome is that!

Buck Rogers said...

Chelsea misses all those things with the exception of the clothes. she couldn't wait to get in her old jeans and feel "normal" I still let her eat what she wants and breastfeeding doe drop the wight. Look you have more than 3 people reading your blogs. Chelsea missed the kicks and hiccups but it is way cooler for little Danni to be here. Maybe Blog about how you came up with the name for your daughter

April S. said...

Nicole-
I haven't figured out yet when/if she gets the hiccups. I would assume they would have a little rhythm to them, but to my knowledge, I haven't felt anything like that.
Kimberly-
I am glad to hear the lbs. are falling off quickly for you, hopefully I will have the same luck!! And you are definitely right about the blogging, I sure feel better when I do it, so I will keep it up.
Tobie-
You are looking great the second go round! I would love to see you on the THIRD go round!!hehe...I would also like to see more pics of Kaden and Brady P. on your page!!
Buck-
I would blog about the origin of her name, but there is no real meaning in it, nor is there any major story about discovering the name. We just liked it.