Friday, September 08, 2006

Starting My New Blog Page

Well, after reading all of Kimberly's blogs for all of these months, I have finally given in and decided to start my own blog spot. Hopefully, I will be able to inform and update everyone on the latest happenings in my life through this blog. SO...let me get started and do some informing and introducing of important people in my life...

Antonio (my husband) and I are expecting our first child on October 30th. We are happy to say we are having a little girl and plan to name her Tatum Alivia. Antonio and I are very excited and a little nervous. We actually finished (graduated) from our Parenting/Childbirth classes this past Tuesday. I must say they were very interesting and we learned lots of valuable information. After taking the class, I feel that both he and I are a little more comfortable with the whole labor and delivery aspect of this pregnancy.

I am currently working full time still and plan to go back to work after my maternity leave is over. I plan to work up until Tatum Alivia actually gets here as long as my health allows me to. That way I will be able to spend all of my time off with her instead of sitting at home and waiting for her arrival.

Let's see....Antonio and I still have lots to do before Tatum Alivia arrives. We bought a house 2 years ago that we have been "fixing up" since then. We have to get our flooring put down in a few rooms before she gets here for sure. We also ordered her bedding at the end of July and it has STILL not arrived!! It said expect 4-8 weeks before it would be delivered, but I am getting a little nervous because we are waiting for the bedding to come in before we do some other decorating because we want to match up the pink in the bedding to other things we want to do. Hopefully, we will receive it soon.

Finally, another big thing coming up for Antonio and me is our first Memphis Tigers home game tomorrow!! Even though I know I won't be able to go to all the games, we still got season tickets. We are very excited about the season and enjoying time with all of our friends.

Anyway, I am rambling right now, so I guess that means I should wrap this up. Hopefully, I will figure out how to post pictures on here soon and I will take some pictures of all of Tatum Alivia's room and other things she has received.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

yeah u r blogging!!!!!!!! this is going 2 be great so I can see pics of tatum alivia once she arrives and keep up w/ u w/o running up my cell phone bill! i am so anxious 4 your little one 2 be here-won't be long! I'll give u a ring soon! once again i'm so happy u r blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Grandmommy is very excited to see things are progressing toward Tatum Alivia's arrival. It won't be long now. I want to see some close up shots of Mommy's tummy. Ha! Ha! I love the pink chair. Good choice. Good job Dad at putting it together. Keep the updates coming. I love you all!

Buck Rogers said...

Welcome to Blog World
I'll be checking this one. I blog on myspace and blogger. Just click on my name and it will show you the Daddy Diary and the other one. The other one is pretty boring right now