Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Celebrating - The Day After Christmas

We woke up early the day after Christmas and had to drive to my parents house.  This was the view as we drove.  It was snowing and sticking, but we didn't have far to go.

We ate breakfast and opened presents at my parents house, but I didn't manage to get many pics there.  However, I did get a picture of just Tatum and Mateo's presents.  It was crazy how many presents they had to open!
As soon as we finished at my parent's house, we headed to celebrate Christmas with my dad's family.  Many people weren't able to be there, but this was the group that day.  My dad had asked us earlier if we could do some group pictures and I am sure glad we did!  We set up our tripod and put the camera on a timer.  It worked great!
There are 4 kids in my dad's family...2 girls and 2 boys just like in our family.  Here he is with his brother and 2 sisters.
And here I am with my brothers and sister.  Matt, me, Laurie, Clif  (Laurie is the oldest, then Clif, Matt, and me)  My parents had 4 kids and 5 years...can you imagine??!?!  I sure can't! 


And here we are with my parents.  I can't remember the last time we have a picture of all of us together.



Then we decided to do family pics.  Here is my sister's family...


And of course, when we tried to do the family picture thing, it ended up like this...


we will get a good family picture one day...I just KNOW it...lol

My brother, Clif, and his wife Jennifer.  They live in Virginia and he is in the Navy, so we don't get to see them too often. 

Matt, my other brother, and his wife Stephanie live in Knoxville.  Mateo (which is Matthew in Spanish) was named after Matt.  I sure wish they lived closer.


And here are my parents.  They survived the 4 of us kids and seem to still be happy. :)
And here are ALL of us.  I think this is a great picture of everyone! 

We did a 'silly face' picture for the kids and this cracks me up everytime I look at it!  My mom and dad HATE 'silly face' pictures, but after looking at this, I LOVE it.  You can really see everyone's personality.  My sis-in-law, Stephanie has her head down and that is so her...just very clever!  Of course, I think she is really praying for help since she is in our crazy family. haha

My parents with the grandkids.  Can you tell Mateo was up 5 hours past his bedtime the night before and was also going on NO NAP??  He was good, just not very into the pictures.
And last but not least, the 'inlaws'...those that chose to be in our family.  haha

1 comment:

Mrs. in Memphis said...

GREAT FAMILY PICS!