Friday, November 19, 2010

Halloween 2010

This post is only almost 3 weeks late, but in my defense, I didn't realize I hadn't blogged about Halloween yet.

Mateo was a dinosaur this year and Tatum was Ariel.  While Mateo is SO laid back and a 'go-with-the-flow' type of guy, if he doesn't like something he will let us know it!!  (He does not like the dr., getting haircuts, or the vaccuum...so I am thankful we have NO carpet in the house!) 

Well, knowing this, I decided we needed to warm Mateo up to his costume, so about a week before Halloween, I made a big deal and let Tatum try on her costume and asked Mateo if he wanted to try his on too.  He surprised me with a quick yes.
Even when we got it on him, he was all smiles and thought he looked so cute I guess because he was prancing around and showing off.
He would even GROWL on que as well.  I thought that maybe he was going to enjoy this!
And 5 minutes in, his face changed to this....
He wanted nothing to do with the costume....he wanted it OFF!

Tatum had fun trying hers on too, but I realized how big it was at the neck.

We brought my full length (dirty, falling apart) mirror that I use in the mornings from our room so they could see themselves.
The Friday before Halloween, we went to Fall Festival at our church and my sister and her family joined us too.  We met up at their house to get a few pictures and change Mateo there.

Here are Mya and Tatum.
Let me tell you, these girls are so cute together!  I think our future is going to be full of fun.
Mateo fought putting on his costume, but once we got out in the cold he loved it.  It was good and warm, so I think we were all happy.
Here are all of the kids on our side of the family.  Notice that Mateo doesnt have on his costume yet.  I still wasn't sure he would wear his costume, so I had a Memphis football player as his Plan B costume.

Mateo and Daddy


Halloween night, we decided to take the kids around the neighborhood to a few houses.  Here are a few pictures before we left.



I am so thankful we decided to take the wagon because it was perfect.  The kids could ride between houses if they wanted and I didn't have to carry them.
Tatum and Mateo were SO into the trick-or-treating!!  I figured Tatum would be, but Mateo was too.  He would RUN up to the houses and try to knock on the door before Tatum got there.  Now it was another story when the people actually came to the door.  Tatum would get so shy and not talk and Mateo would try to grab the candy out of their buckets. 
We even ran into friends from school that live in our neighborhood.  This was the best group picture I could get.  The boys are in class together, but N is a year older than Tatum.  However, upon seeing each other, they ran and gave big hugs.
All in all, we had a blast this Halloween!!!  They got so much candy which they liked, but it is fun for Antonio and I to see them grown enough to enjoy the holidays.  I can't wait for the rest of 2010!  Tatum has been asking me every morning for a week if TODAY is Thanksgiving.  We will be making a chain for Christmas so we can see how many days until Christmas I think.

We are celebrating our 1st Thanksgiving tonight and I can't wait!!  Have a great weekend!!

No comments: