Monday, October 18, 2010

30 Days of Truth-Day 5: Something You Hope to Do in Your Life

First let me say that if you are following me closely you may have noticed that I skipped Day 4.  I realize this and I did it on purpose.  Day 4 was "Something you have to forgive someone for" and while I don't have anything major in this area, the little things I came up with were just a little more than I wanted to air out on a public blog.  I do not like drama, so I just skipped it.  It's my blog, I can do that, right?

Anyway, Day 5: Something You Hope to do in Your Life

I could always go with the normal things, but I will try to come up with something other than "travel", "change the world", "run a marathon", etc.  There are a few things that come to mind for this one, but I will just list a few that pop into my head first.

- Take advantage of times that I can help someone else. What do I mean by this?  There are so many times that I am out and about and can do something little to help someone out.  For example, one morning when Mateo was about 6 months old, I had to go to the donut shop to get donuts before taking the kids to school.  I must not have thought this out too well because after I had paid for the 3 boxes of donuts, I was just frozen trying to figure out how I would get 3 boxes of donuts and 2 kids to the car.  A lady in her 30s must have seen the thought in my eyes because she quickly stepped up to offer a helping hand.  She grabbed the 3 boxes of donuts and followed me to the car with them.  Was this a HUGE thing she did?  well, for me it was! but as I thanked her over and over, she told me that she had been in my same shoes and had no help.  So, that's my thinking on that one.

-I also hope to let people know what they mean to me.  I have often think about how people come out of no where to express thoughts/feelings about someone after they have passed.  While I guess this is nice for the family to hear, I often wonder if these things were ever said to the person who passed.  I was reading a blog yesterday where the blogger's father-in-law lost his job a month ago and committed suicide that night.  She was very 'raw' and wondered if more had been expressed to her FIL about how much he was loved and how important he was to the family would he have still decided to take his life.  It broke my heart as I read and it made me think of people that I should probably tell how important they are to my life.

- Get(and KEEP) my house super organized.  If you know me at all, you will know I am not(nor have I ever been) a clean freak.  However, I think I have done better and made progress over the years.  This being said, either we have WAY too much or our house is WAY too little.  Since the house size won't be changing anytime soon, I have been trying to declutter and purge our house of things that are necessary in my mind, but not used.  It always seems like as soon as I get an area clean/organized/spotless, then the family gets to it and it will look like no work has ever been attempted in that area.  FRUSTRATING!!  I love the idea of 'a place for everything and everything in its place', but how do I train the rest of the family to follow this rule?  It also seems like I always have a few "projects" going on in the house.  Oh well, it is something I will always be 'working on' I'm sure...at least until I strike it MEGA-rich and have a live-in housekeeper.

Well, I'm out of time because Tatum just woke up from her nap.  I may/may not add on to this later.

1 comment:

Mrs. in Memphis said...

i think this is a great idea april! i have enjoyed reading all your days so far. :)