Tuesday, April 21, 2009

42 Day Challenge-Day 2

Day 2 is about to wrap up at my house and I must say I think I am doing quiet well at this challenge (so far). I haven't had any sweets, no sodas, no fried foods, I am drinking my water, and I have kicked my butt at the gym the past 2 days. I have only had a little trouble with the Diet Dr. Pepper. I know we are allowed 20 ounces a day, but I decided to see how long I could go without ANY DDP. So far so good.

Before I got pregnant with Mateo (about a yr ago now), I was going to the gym 4-5 times a week. Monday, Wed, and Friday I would do strength training at the gym and Tuesday and Thursdays I would take a Jazzercise class for my cardio. SO, I decided to pick up that routine again. Yesterday I went and did 30 min on the treadmill and then worked my arms with weights. Last night and all day today my arms have been so sore! WELL, tonight in Jazzercise we focussed on our arms at the end of class....can we say OUCH!!! But instead of taking it easy and using the excuse that I had worked arms yesterday, I channeled my "INNER BEAST" (aka Tanna) and pushed through it! I may not be able to move or pick up Mateo tomorrow, but I am pretty proud that I kept going through it all.

I plan to go to the gym tomorrow morning again to work my legs...if I can move at all. So far so good!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am so proud of you for going to the gym. I know it hasn't been very convenient and sometimes it is hard to go by yourself. So, GOOD for you! Keep it up! I hope to be right there with you as soon as I can. I would LOVE to be able to bend over, or even see the floor!