Sunday, March 01, 2009

2 Months Old

Mateo is officially 2 Months old as of today!! My oh my, has time flown by so fast! I will attempt to write down a few things that he is doing right now....here is a picture first...

*Mateo is such a great sleeper. I usually have him in bed between 7pm and 8:30pm. He will sleep until 5am-6:30am. I am SO THANKFUL that he is sleeping so good so fast. He knows that I LOVE my sleep and don't do too well on little sleep I guess.

*Speaking of sleep, we are finally getting his schedule to work with Tatum's. He naps when she naps(not as long as Tatum, but we do get some down time on the weekends while both are napping). AND since Tatum goes to bed at 8pm, then their bedtimes are pretty much the same. This allows Antonio and I to have some time together just the 2 of us.

Here's another picture to keep you reading...

*Mateo is a great eater. We have definitely mastered breastfeeding, but I won't do it in public. I just don't feel comfortable doing it. However, he only gets about 1 bottle a week or so and doesn't take it too well. I went to lunch with some girlfriends the other day and he wouldn't take it AT ALL, so we got LOTS of looks while he screamed. Oh well, I am sure it could have been worse.

*Mateo is full of smiles, especially after he eats. Tatum can get him to smile faster than any of us. She LOVES him and it is obvious that he loves her too!

*Mateo is also full of MANLY gas. It makes us giggle at some of the sounds that come out of him!

*Mateo is still wearing 0-3 month clothing, but I have noticed this weekend that he is too long for some of his sleepers. I am anxious to see how much he weighs and how long he is tomorrow when we go for his checkup. He is still in size 1 diapers.

....another pic....

*Mateo HATES HATES HATES his carseat!!!!! HATES HATES HATES it!!! I have taken him ONE place that we made it without him crying since he was born. Tatum LOVED her carseat, so I am at a loss as to what to do. I talked to the pediatrician about this and she suggested turning up the radio really loud.

*Mateo takes the pacifier, but isn't as attached to it as much as Tatum was. He takes it, but when i lay him down at night for bedtime and it falls out he doesn't cry wanting it back. I am very THANKFUL for this because I can remember Antonio and I tagteaming each other when Tatum was small and making TONS of trips back and forth to the nursery to put her pacifier back in her mouth.

*Mateo LOVES to be held. I must admit, I love holding him too. However when there are times I need to get stuff done and he doesn't 'understand'.

....one more pic...

That is the face I get when he is in the carseat or if I put him down too long to do things around the house.

We are going tomorrow for his 2 month shots. I will post stats sometime this week. I also have pics to post from this weekend, but wanted this to be about Mateo.



3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh Mateo, those cheeks of yours just make me wanna reach through the computer and pinch them!
Please teach James a trick or two about sleeping so hard for me!
I'm going to callu this week, April because its been too long!

Jennifer said...

Kissable cheeks! He looks so much like Tatum. Their lips are the same and they make the same face!

Amanda said...

I laughed at the advice to turn up the radio...so Dr. Miller!! Jax didn't like his car seat at that age either. He did lots of crying in it. I never found anything that worked for me, but I do remember others suggesting some kind of thing that he could interact with that lit up that hung over the back of the seat????? good luck!