Monday, March 16, 2009

Watch Out Martha Stewart AND Paula Dean.....

....there's a new chef in town!!

Saturday was a pretty boring day around our house, so I asked Tatum if she wanted to make some cupcakes with me....she said "CAKE?? YEAH!!!"

I wanted her to have fun and get to do most of the work, so before she came in the kitchen, I measured everything out so she would just have to dump it in the bowl.

I decided to get her dressed for the occassion, so I put my one and only apron on her. This apron is very special to me because my great grandmother made it. Now if I could just cook like her!!
Tatum first poured in the eggs...
...then the oil (I usually sub applesauce for oil, but we were out).

....below is take 2 of the water getting poured....the first time it ended up on the oven, but nothing that couldn't be cleaned up...

then she stirred it all up...




...after stirring, Tatum put the paper liners in the cupcake pan...we counted them as we went...
I had to help her pour the mix in the pan..
Tatum was SO FUNNY....I set the timer and went and sat in the living room with Mateo and Antonio. However, Tatum wanted to keep a close eye on the cupcakes. THis is how she spent about 20-25 minutes...
and this....
and this....
After they were done, we took a break so they could cool. I made supper and Antonio gave Tatum a bath. After bathtime, I let Tatum put the icing on the cupcakes...



Tatum did them ALL BY HERSELF....
All cooks know you have to taste the food before you serve it....

Once they were done, Tatum wanted to serve her first cupcake to Daddy. She is so proud of herself (and so am I)...
I think Tatum got REALLY tired of me taking pictures of her.
Finally, Tatum got to enjoy her own cupcake...
THIS is how she eats her cupcakes....lol
Tatum showing us she made a happy plate....now if she would just do this at supper time...

I also wanted to throw this picture in....It is not the best quality because it is a picture of a picture. This is Antonio's baby picture. I definitely think Mateo looks like his daddy!

3 comments:

Mrs. in Memphis said...

oh my gosh! tatum is so precious! i love all these pictures. you've got a little baker on your hands!

Kimberly said...

Super cute! Looks like you can leave the cooking all up to Tatum now! I want one of those cupcakes!

BTW-thanks for the bottle advice. We tried 3 different ones last night and none worked so I'm going to go to walmart today to look for the one you suggested. If all fail we'll try again in a month or so. Just HAVE to have him taking one by May so we'll see.

Amanda said...

So cute how she was watching them in the oven! The cupcakes made me hungry!!