Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Slight Scare....

So, yesterday (Monday) I woke up about 5:45am and thought I just had to pee REALLY bad. Well, I am pretty stubborn to get up out of my great sleep to go to the potty, so I laid there and tried to go back to sleep (yeah right). Anyway, as I was still laying there, I had a contraction....no big deal, I have been having random Braxton Hicks contractions for a while now.

Fast forward, I finally got up and went to the restroom and started getting ready. Tatum woke up soon after I got done getting ready and I started getting her ready for school. I noticed I was having contractinos still, but still didn't think much about it. I got her loaded in the car and off we went. I realized in the car that they were still coming, so I started watching the clock. Tatum was in school, in her classroom, and I was back in the car about 6:50am and I started writing down the contraction times cause I was curious. I was scheduled to go to Physical Therapy at 8am, so I ran to Perkins to get a muffin (my latest favorite breakfast). I got it and decided to just eat it in the parking lot while I waited for my PT place to open. For the next hour, my contractions were coming anywhere from 2 minutes to 5 minutes apart. I then called Antonio to let him know I was freaking out a bit. I decided at about 7:45am that while I probably COULD go to PT, I didn't really feel much like going cause the exercises would not be fun and I wanted to continue to time these things....(PLUS, I realized it had been a while since my legs had been shaved so if I was going to have to go to the hospital, i needed to go home and shave them). So, I called PT and cancelled my appt.

I went home and took a bath, layed on the couch, took tylenol, drank water, etc and nothing was making them stop. However, I REFUSED to go back to L&D at the hospital if it wasn't TIME to go cause I didn't want to be stuck there for 5 hours. So, I stayed home. Around 9:30am they started spacing out more...about every 6-8 minutes. Since the contractions were getting further apart, I was pretty sure that this wasn't IT, so I chilled out a little more. The contractions were still regular til about 11am. I got tired of timing them then and I FINALLY took a nap around noon.

After all of this craziness going on yesterday, I realized HOW MUCH we have to do before this baby can come. Here is a small list of things....

-Pack my bag
-Pack baby's bag
-Come up with a name (we tried again last night, but no luck)
-Get the nursery together
-Clean the house
-Pack a bag for Tatum just in case she has to go somewhere
-Wash clothes
-Buy a few last minute things
-Get Antonio to download new music on my ipod
-Charge camera
-Be sure my cell phone is always charged

I think that's pretty much it for now. I made a list of things that need to go in my bag, baby's bag, and Tatum's bag, so it is just a matter of getting it all together. Nursery isn't as pressing, but I would like for it to be done. I am washing clothes today (I HATE DOING THIS!!!!). My camera is charged and my phone too.

I must admit that I was freaking out a bit yesterday. Not because the baby was coming, but because I couldn't imagine the baby coming when I still had so much to do. I think this was God's way of telling me to get my STUFF together cause this baby could be here anytime now.

I go back to the dr on Monday, so hopefully we will see if I have progressed any and that should give us a better idea of where things stand.

I guess that's all for now. I just wanted to document my exciting day yesterday.

1 comment:

JRH said...

gosh, you poor thing. i mean the holidays are stressful enough, but now you have all this added craziness!