Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Antonio!

Tuesday was Antonio's birthday and since I am not working, I decided to try to make him a cake. We had plans to go to Antonio's parent's house for dinner, so I was a little nervous that it wouldn't turn out great and I would have to leave it at home or else be embarrassed. Anyway, I decided to take step by step pics of how the cake progressed to either laugh at or be proud of later. You can be the judge as to which one I should do...

I wanted to make a layer cake, so first I just cooked a regular cake and as soon as it was done, I turned it over and got it out of the pan. As you can see, the bottom half stuck to the pan, so I had to scrape it off and replace it.....Let me just say now, if you hadn't already figured it out, that I am NOT BETTY CROCKER! lol

I let it cool for a while and then cut the cake in half and placed the bottom half in the pan first...as you can see, this cake is crumbling apart and at this point I was not very hopeful...
Next I added a layer of chocolate pudding....
Then a layer of whipped cream along with crumbled up Butterfinger candy bars.
Then the other half of the cake...
pudding....
more whipped cream....

and finally more crumbled up Butterfinger candy bars...
Don't think I am a crazy, pregnant woman who just randomly came up with the idea for this cake. One of my caters I use for work actually does a cake similar to this and it is MY FAVORITE. However, she won't give me her recipe, so I guessed this is how she did it.
Anyway, I figured the cake was good enough to take to my inlaw's house.
Here it is with the candles...
And here is Antonio about to blow out the candles. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the best picture because Caiden was between us.
The cake was a HIT! Everyone loved it and I was very proud that they did. We ate over half of it and I sent the rest home with Antonio's sister so she could take it to work with her the next day. It was kind of hard to watch it go out the door with her, but I knew if it was in the house, I would eat it all and that would not be good.
After dinner, we hung out and played. Of course, Tatum played with her FAVORITE person....Uncle Chris...
Chris and Eliana (aka Aunt E. E.)
Tatum wanted to jump in the picture too....
We really didn't do much to celebrate Antonio's birthday yet, but we are going to dinner and a movie Friday night and then going shopping Saturday for some things. Thanks to Chris and Eliana for keeping Tatum so that we can go out on a little date.

1 comment:

Mrs. in Memphis said...

that cake looks freaking awesome!! yummmm!!!