Friday, March 07, 2008

Exciting News!!!

I am going to Miami at the end of April!!! It will be my birthday trip...

...well, not exactly, but I will call it that. It is actually for training with work, but I will have my own room, so I am working on finding Antonio a flight down and back. It will be like an almost FREE vacation. We will only have to pay for his plane ticket!

I have been looking forward to this phase of training. They send us down to Miami to "live like a patient with diabetes" for a week. I don't know EXACTLY what goes on 'cause it is supposed to be a bit of a surprise, but I know we have to check our sugars 3-4 times a day, take insulin shots with every meal, etc. I know that one night they will also contact us somehow and tell us we are hypo and we have to find something to bring our sugar level up(We are supposed to try to find 4 ounces of orange juice). Sounds crazy, but this will give me a perfect insight as to what patients with diabetes have to do EVERYDAY! I know this saying is said WAY too much, but I plan to go all out and get into it because "I will only get out of it, what I put into it." I know, I know....I am so corny!

No comments: