Friday, February 23, 2007

4 Month Check Up and More

Tatum went for her 4 month check up today and did great! She weighs 13 lbs 7 ounces. She is 24 and 1/4 inches long. Both are in the 50th percentile. She is growing fine and the dr told us we can start SLOWLY introducing rice cereal and fruits and vegetables when we are ready to. She did great with her shots too. Tatum got 3 shots and was done crying before the nurse could even put the bandaids on!

Feb 23rd will always be remembered by Antonio and me for two reasons...

1.) Feb 23, 2006 was the day that I found out for sure that I was 4 weeks pregnant. Antonio and I were both very excited!! At the time I couldn't imagine life with a baby, but now I can't imagine life without Tatum. Good thing I don't have to I guess!

2.) Feb 23, 2006 I came home and went to bed after working. About 10pm, Antonio came in the bedroom and woke me up to tell me that Lisa (our other chocolate lab) had gotten run over. Maggie and Lisa were outside in our fenced in back yard and managed to dig out. They apparently headed for a busy street which is where she was hit by a car.

Because of these 2 events, Feb 23rd with always be remembered as a bitter-sweet day in our lives!

Tatum goes back to the dr on April 20th (my birthday) for her 6 month check up. We are praying that she doesn't get sick or have to go back for any other reason until then!!

Until next time....

No comments: