Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It's Been A While

So, once again it has been too long since I updated this page. I will try to remember everything that has gone on for the last week, but not TOO much has gone on.

Monday and Tuesday of last week were pretty boring. Tatum and I stayed home while Antonio went to work. That is pretty much all that happened. No major outtings or anything for Tatum. I got out of the house a few times to run errands and such, but that was it.

Wednesday Antonio went to work until about 4pm. After that, he met Tatum and I at the house and we all went to my grandmother's house (Tatum's Gran) in Jackson for our Thanksgiving meal with my family. Most all the family was there. We did miss those that were unable to be there, but I think I ate all of their helpings of food! I LOVE Thanksgiving and Christmas because we get to eat so well!! Nothing is better than a good meal cooked by my grandmother! Below are LOTS of pics from that night. The first three are pics of Tatum right after I got her dressed and ready to go. I just love her little hat and it is about the only thing that fits her well at this point, but she is growing fast. She was so great on the way to Jackson and the way back home. She slept the whole time both ways.






Once we got to my grandmother's house Matt wanted to hold Tatum and talk to her. He is trying to quickly become the "favorite uncle" before Clif gets into town.


Then, my dad talked to Tatum for a bit to tell her all about New Orleans. My dad got reassigned back to New Orleans for work for a few months.


Below is my sister Laurie. She looks AWESOME! She is about to have her 2nd child in a WEEK!! I know, I know...she doesn't look that far along!


Gran got to sit down and talk to Tatum a little after we stuffed ourselves with all the food.


Below is my brother Matt, his girlfriend Stephanie, and my niece, Mckayla.


Matt was wonderful at entertaining Mckayla for most of the night. He would lift her in the air and then let her fall really fast. I don't think I have heard "Do it again!! Do it again!!" so many times in my life. Mckayla LOVED it until....


........well, until Matt decided to hang her upside down. Then Mckayla cried and Matt and Stephanie had to console her.


After Mckayla cheered up, she wanted to talk to Tatum for a little while. My mom was in hog heaven with both of her grand babies in her lap at the same time. She is really going to have a lap full when Mya Elizabeth gets here!


Then a HUGE tradition in our family is that we can't leave Gran's house until my dad falls asleep and begins to snore. That's when we know the night is complete. See Clif and Jennifer, you may not have been present for Thanksgiving, but I bet you knew that this was going to happen sooner or later during the night, right?


On Thursday, Antonio, Tatum, and I all went to Antonio's parents house for another great meal. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera at home, so I have no pictures for Thanksgiving day. Tatum even had a special outfit that said Baby's First Thanksgiving. I was so mad at myself for being so forgetful!!

Anyway, Friday, Antonio, Tatum, and I slept in and we were lazy all day long and it felt good. Antonio took care of Tatum except for feeding times and I got to sleep pretty much the entire day which is all I wanted to do. I didn't want to shop or clean or anything else, I just wanted to sleep!!

Saturday, we chilled out until early afternoon. Then we got ready and went to my sister's family's house and watched a movie and ordered pizza. It was good to hang out a bit before Mya Elizabeth comes. I am sure after things settle down with the holidays Laurie and I will be hanging out alot since we will both be on maternity leave!

Sunday, we didn't do much.

Monday, Antonio went back to work and Tatum and I stayed around the house. It was Tatum's one month birthday and we celebrated by laying low.

Today...I decided to get productive and started dressing Tatum up in some of her Christmas outfits to take pictures. The first pic was just for laughs! I got her a smocked Christmas dress and it came with bloomers and a bonnett which I would never make her wear the bonnett in public, but I thought it would be funny to put it on her for a pic. I can't believe my mom used to put those on me when I was a baby.


In the next pic, I tried to capture the writing on her bloomers.


As everyone knows, a true model needs a break during their shoots...so below is a pic of Tatum taking a break. She got wrapped up in her blanket to keep warm and she also got her pacifier to calm her down.

She didn't really like the photo shoot and I didn't really capture and awesome pics, but I am going to try again when Antonio is home to help me.


Finally, today we also got out of the house and went to the mall to see SANTA!!! She was so good! She didn't cry or anything. In fact, she was so good that we only had to take one picture and that is the one you see below. I think it turned out AWESOME considering she is only a month old!


On another note, Tatum has been sleeping in her big crib for over a week now. She is doing very well! She does wake up a few times at night to feed, but maybe in a month or two she will start sleeping thru the night!! I can't wait for that!

We are also trying to get all of our Christmas decorations out and up. If/when that happens I will post some pics. Hopefully, it won't be a week before I update my page again!

3 comments:

tpillstrom said...

I'm posting a comment so that you know I'm reading!!! I so did the same thing with Brady taking all the pics in different outfits! That's so funny.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise to get an instant replay of Thanksgiving and more!!! The pictures and editorial are awesome. I have a beautiful family and my grandgirls are outstanding--can't wait to meet Mya Elizabeth. I am sure that I will be able to find a spot on my lap for her too. I like the "hog heaven" comment. Keep up the good work.
Love,
Mom or Grandymommy

Kimberly said...

I love these pictures!
She look so big on Santa's lap and in her cute jeans and pink fleece!
Adalie has those same xmas bloomers-aren't they precious! I may be copying your photos somewhat with her doing that soon! I'm glad things are going so well!