Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Few New Discoveries

A few discoveries that we have made that I forgot to mention in earlier blogs...

Tatum likes her swing even though it is a little too big right now. However, she is too facinated by it that it doesn't put her to sleep, it just occupies her.

Tatum has been smiling lots lately, but only really in her sleep. I am not sure what she is dreaming about, but whatever it is, it sure makes her happy. Last night I was holding her and Antonio and I were sitting on the couch watching TV and she laughed out loud in her sleep!! We can't stop staring at her because we love to see her smile. Now Antonio and I must figure out how to make her smile at us!!!

Finally, I weighed today and I have officially lost 22 lbs since delivery!! While that is awesome, I still have several more LBS to lose before I will be done. I gained a little more than I wanted to, but it was all worth it! I can't start really exercising until my 6 week checkup, but I think I am going to try walking on the treadmill after the 2 week mark.

Antonio is SO awesome at bath time!! We gave her another bath today and she is loving it more and more each time! Antonio gets everything ready before bath time starts and then he is in the ZONE! She still cries a little, but for the most part, we can tell she likes it and she naps so well after it is over.

Breastfeeding is going great now! Those first few days were VERY painful, but I think I have gotten the hang of it now. Tatum's little cheeks are getting fuller and fuller, so I can tell she is getting enough milk. Even though I was a little unsure if I would make it in the beginning, I know now that everything is going to be okay. Those late night prayers have been answered!

Anyway, I just wanted to do a little update for some things I forgot to mention. Tonight my parents, my sister's family, and my family are all going out to eat for my mom's birthday. If I remember, I will take some pics and try to post them some time this week.

Until next time....

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

It was SO great to talk to you on the phone today! It sounds like you are a WONDERFUL mommy and I had no doubt you wouldn't be! I love that we are both experiencing this together and can compare notes for help along the way! Give that girly a kiss for me and be sure to take advantage of your mom being in town to help you out!