Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Long Overdue Update!

I am sorry that I have not gotten around to updating my blog for over a week, but it has been pretty busy around our house. So, I am going to attempt to update the last week and a half on here all at one time. We will see if Tatum sleeps long enough for that to happen.

Last Sunday night my mom came down to Memphis to stay with Antonio, Tatum, and I for a whole week. Monday I got lots of Tatum's toys out to play and here are some pics from her first tummy time. I think she liked watching TV more than the toys, but when she gets older I am hoping toy time becomes better.






Tatum finally got tired and fussy from being on her tummy so I put her on her back for a little bit.


Sunday night my dad and mom, Cyp, Laurie, Mckayla, Antonio, Tatum, and I all went to eat at Chilli's to celebrate my mom's birthday early. Tatum slept thru the whole thing and didn't even get out of her car seat! This is not the best pic, but it was the only one that I took that night.


The next picture is a pic of Antonio and Tatum napping on the couch. Tatum LOVES to nap with either me or Antonio like this! I think it is the best sleep she gets! We love it too and hopefully we are not spoiling her too much.


Later in the week, I put Tatum in her swing for the first time. She is a little too small for it right now, but I rolled up some thin blankets and put them on each side of her so that she would not fall over. She likes the swing, but it doesn't really put her to sleep.



Tuesday was my mom's birthday, so Cyp, Laurie, and Mckayla came over to our house to eat supper and open presents. Mckayla helped her Grandmommy open her presents up.


Cyp (my bro in law) and Laurie (my sister) were acting crazy on the couch as you can see below.


AND, Mckayla finally held Tatum all by herself(with a little help from Laurie). I think she is finally warming up to her cousin and she is ready to practice because she has a sister coming in just a few weeks!


This next picture is one of Tatum sleeping on the couch. I think I am holding her and taking pics at the same time.


Saturday was Antonio's birthday. He is officially 31 now!! We all went to his parents house and had lunch. We were all treated to some Colombian home cooking and it was wonderful!!


Gabby dressed up in a clown costume to suprise Antonio for his birthday. We were told she practiced on her suprise ALL MORNING!! She was so cute in her outfit as you can see below!


After Antonio gets off from work he gets to come home and have bonding time with Tatum by giving her a bath. Below is a pic from yesterday. He gave her a bath and then wrapped her up in her towel. She loves her Daddy and is very happy in his arms. Daddy loves this time too! He even gets his clothes all wet and doesn't even care!



After the bath time, he gets her all dressed up and combs her hair. Usually, he combs it down, but last night, he wanted to show her mini fro off, so here it is at its finest!


The second week of having Tatum Alivia in our lives has been great. Sunday we got to go to church for the first time, but I didn't take any pics(sorry). Breastfeeding is going great. My mom babysat for us this past Friday night and Antonio and I went to a birthday party for David Loyd. It was nice to get out of the house for a few hours and see everyone.

I must say a HUGE THANK YOU to my mom for giving up a whole week of her life to come to Memphis and spoil Antonio and I with WONDERFUL meals everyday and night, cleaning the house, and helping LOTS with Tatum Alivia. We appreciate all she did for us and all that she will do in the future! I hope she never feels that we take advantage of her or don't appreciate her because we do!! I sure don't know what I would have done last week had she not been here!

Tatum Alivia has been sleeping pretty well at night. Last night I fed her at 12 midnight and she finally went to sleep around 1am and slept until 5:30 am. I then fed her and she slept until 9am. I fed her at 9am and she slept until around 11:30am. And of course, when she sleeps I sleep, so I got some great sleep last night!

I am not sure how many of you guys saw Oprah yesterday, but she had a lady on there that said she can understand what babies are trying to tell us when they cry. I know all of you are thinking "Yeah, whatever!",but after she explained it all and showed some video, I was SOLD!! I have been paying more attention to Tatum's cries to see if it works, and so far I think it has! If you watched it, you understand what I am talking about, and if you didn't then I suggest you google it or something to see if you can see the clips because it was great.

I am sure that I have left something out of this blog that I need to update everyone on, but I can't think of anything else right now. Hopefully I won't wait as long to update the blog next time. Tonight Tatum and I are going to a Phi Mu Alumni dinner, so I will take some more pics if I remember.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At this age there is no such thing as spoiling a little one. Enjoy your time with her as much as you can! It sounds like you guys are doing a wonderful job. I loved the picture of her mini-fro, too cute!

tpillstrom said...

I love the fro!!! She still has more hair than Kaden will ever have! I watched that Oprah too. I was wondering if it worked. I noticed that kaden does make some of those sounds but I've already forgot what they ment. I'm sorry I haven't been by there yet. I miss you at work!

Kimberly said...

I love the pics-she is an angel! Sounds like you are a natural w/ motherhood! the oprah gal was good-i dvr'ed it & trying to get the sounds down better but Adalie def. does neh, eh, owh! Too funny!