Monday, July 19, 2010

Get Real Monday - This HURTS!

So, I will just get to the point....

...I.....HATE....MIGRAINES!!


I get them on a regular basis, and have gotten them for almost 15 years now...over 1/2 my life!!! The suck, they don't get easier. Sure, I am better and know how to treat them (usually) so that they go away faster, but my remedies don't always work. And some months, I get so many that I run out of meds for the month (since insurance only allows for a certain number of pills each month...and without insurance coverage, the thought of how much these meds cost makes me have a migraine!! lol)

I know what triggers them for me and do my best to control the things that I can, but some things are out of my control. I do love my neurologist! He is amazing and has brought lots of relief in my life, but I still get them.

Since I know what causes my migraines, for the most part...that part that is beyond my control, I wish there was something I could do to PREVENT them(other than be pregnant). My dr. and I have tried several things, but nothing works.

Oh well, just wanted to vent a little since I have had a migraine ALL day today and I have done NOTHING productive. I just pray that I don't pass this down to Tatum or my grandkids since I got them from my grandmother.

No comments: