Thursday, March 25, 2010

Super Powers

So, you know the ice breaker question, "If you could have any super power what would it be and why?" Well, I have figured out my answer for that and will share at the end of this blog.

Last night, Antonio and I went to see Hillsong at our church. To say I was excited about this night would not describe how pumped I was. I LOVED Hillsong. Our church sings lots of their music, my ipod is full of Hillsong music, Tatum even jams out to a few of their songs and knows all the words, etc.
So, we planned to be at church by 6:30 since that's when doors opened so that we could get a good seat. Well, when we got to church, there was a HUGE line to get in. I immediately turned to Antonio and asked if he thought they would turn people away because it was too full. Here is a picture of the line, but this picture does not do it much justice.

We got in and took the kids to their classes and then headed to find a seat. There were SO MANY people there, but we were ushered to our seat without any problems.

As the room quickly filled up, they started bringing in chairs to provide more seats. It was packed and I was getting more and more excited! Our church does a 2 minute countdown before church or any other events start. When the clock started doing the countdown, the excitement grew. At this point, about 300 youth started filling in the front of the stage where it was standing room only.

Here are a few pictures that I took. One of my favorite things about our church is how diverse it is. Whether you are young, old, red, brown, yellow, black, or white, there is a place for you here. It is surreal to look around and see so many people that are so different worshipping together.










Anyway, last night was AWESOME, AMAZING, WONDERFUL, REMARKABLE, MARVELOUS, BREATHTAKING, etc.

Here is just a tiny video that I took from last night. It isn't long at all because I wanted to enjoy the music vs. capturing it on video.



SO, the super power I would have if I could have any super power would be the ability to take a situation/experience, capture it, and be able to share it with others. There have been several times in life that I have experienced something so incredible and wished that others could experience the same thing.

So, if YOU could have any super power, what would it be and why??
Also, Priscilla Shirer will be sharing a message at our church this weekend. She has been to our church before and she was great! If you are in the area, you shouldn't miss this weekend at The Life Church! We have a Saturday night service and several Sunday morning services that you can attend.

No comments: