Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Door Project

I can't seem to get myself motivated enough to get my blog caught up 100%, so I figured I would blog about current things while I procrastinate on catching up.

I have been wanting to paint our entrance doors black for a few months, but everytime I thought about it I would talk myself out of doing it because I was a little nervous if I would really like them in the end.

Well, I decided to finally just go for it. I was so excited to do it that I forgot to take a before picture, so these first few pictures will have to do...



This was my first time using the "Behr Paint and Primer in One" paint, so I was worried about that too. At this point I was thinking that I probably should not have tried this because it was looking pretty rough!
This next picture was after 2 or 3 coats of paint and it still looked bad....REALLY wondering what I was thinking by trying this...



Here is the paint I used....Black Suede...

After a few more coats of paint I think I covered all of the white.
I decided to let this dry overnight. I got the razor blade out the next morning and got the paint off of all the windows(this is much easier than trying to use painter's tape).
And finally, the after pictures....
I do LOVE the door black. I plan to do our front door black sometime this week too.
I decided that we will leave the inside of the door white still. You won't be able to see the black from the inside, so I think it will look okay if 1/2 the door is white and the other 1/2 is black.
I have a few other projects I am working on around the house. so stay tuned....

No comments: