Saturday, July 14, 2007

Forth of July and "Nike Sunday"

For our 4th of July celebration, we went over to one of our friend's mom's house for the afternoon/night. We all went swimming in the afternoon and then got to lounge around and get our bellies full before we shot fireworks. Here are a few pictures from the day...

First, you can see Tatum seeing a sparkler (not sure if that is spelled right) for the first time. Antonio is holding the sparkler, Jennifer is in the pool peaking over his shoulder, and Tim is holding Tatum.
Here is Tatum's friend Mackenzie and her mommy Jenny. We had such a great time with them. Tatum can't wait to be walking like Mackenzie!Tatum did great in the pool, but got hungry after an hour or so, so I took her out and went ahead and changed her into dry clothes. However, she was drawn to the water, so Tim's mom helped her so she could sit on the edge of the water. (on a side note, I did have a cute red, white, and blue outfit on for the day, but I changed her into something more comfortable after her swim.)
Then after supper, the fireworks began. Here is Jennifer (not the best picture because her eyes are closed) showing off with her sparkler.
Tatum took a BRIEF nap and got up when she heard all of the fireworks. She sat still and watched the pretty ones....
...but as they got louder, she didn't want to let go of Mommy! I didn't mind it though.

Now Daddy-O decided to show off with a sparkler too.
But don't worry, we had lots of cooler stuff than the sparklers.


The Sunday BEFORE the 4th of July, we had Nike Day at church. Everyone was told to wear any and all Nike appareal that he/she owned. So, on Saturday, Antonio, Tatum, and I went on a tennis shoe hunt for Tatum. Not a hard task right??? WRONG!! We went to the mall to every store that carried children's shoes (which was about 6-7 stores) to see which shoes we liked best. THEN we circled back to our favorite pair to buy them. Did they have a size 2 in them? No, so we headed to the #2 store. Did they have a size 2 in the shoe we wanted? NO. SO then we just went to EVERY store and asked "What shoe do you have in a size 2?" Literally, only ONE store had a girl's size 2 in any shoe, but we didn't like it, so we left the mall empty handed. We didn't care if they were Nikes, Addidas, Puma, New Balance, etc. I must admit, I felt a little defeated. Most of you may think I am crazy for wanting to spend $20-$30 on tennis shoes for Tatum, but I love my tennis shoes, and I want her to have some cool shoes too. Plus, she is still a size 1 so she would have plenty of growing room.

With all of that said, we went home and I did have some shoes that I got at Target for Tatum before she was born, so they are what she wore on Sunday. Here is the whole outfit...(yes, she has a red belt on with her pink, but it was attached to the skirt and was pretty well hidden by her shirt, so please don't call the fashion police on me.)

Finally, notice the hair. This was PRE-first hair cut.



1 comment:

Amanda said...

I had no idea shoes would be so hard to find. Jax goes barefoot everywhere right now. I dread the end of summer when we'll need to go back to socks and shoes!