Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering

My first and only trip to New York City was in March 2001. While we were there, the group headed to the twin towers to make a trip to the top. I must admit I was a little scared at the thought of being so high, but the group talked me into going to the top anyway.

Here are two pictures I took that day...


Little did I know that just a few months later, these towers would come down.
At the time I was working at the University of Memphis while I was in school. I got to work bright and early at 8am and my boss was watching the news on his tiny little tv in his office. When the first plane hit, he called me into his office and we were glued to the tv for the rest of the day. I skipped classes(or maybe they were cancelled) and stayed past my scheduled time to work so that I could stay and watch what was happening around the world.
It has been 9 years, but it doesn't seem that long ago. May we never forget the men and women who died that day. May we also remember those that have fought for our country so courageously in the war that was started this day.

No comments: