Monday, May 04, 2009

Back to Work....

Today, after 6 months off, I finally returned to work.

My day kind-of started last night. I tried to get as many things done last night that I could so I could cut down some 'get ready' time this morning. I packed Tatum's lunch, made Mateo's bottles, packed both of their bags, layed everyone's clothes out, got my computer together, samples ready to go in the bag, etc.

I went to bed originally at 7pm and was fast asleep, but Mateo wouldn't go to sleep for Antonio, so I got up and get him down around 8:30. I ended up not going to sleep until 10:30. I got up at 5:30 this morning. Mateo woke up a little earlier than normal, at 5:45. While I fed him, I ate breakfast and checked my work email. After Mateo's belly was full, I put all the bags, samples, and my computer in the car, and then got myself completely ready. After a little playtime for Mateo, I got him completely ready. Around 7:10, I finally had to wake Tatum up since she was still asleep. After getting her ready, we were all in the car and headed to school by 7:30. After dropping them off, I got gas and picked up my manager by 8:15.

I was never in a rush this morning and that was great. I am going to sleep an extra 15 min tomorrow since it didn't take me as long this morning as I thought it would.

My manager and I got to sit down and go over stuff that I have missed at work. We went to a few offices and I got to dust off my skills. It was nice to be back out there. There are lots of new things, so i need to get more familiar with the new things, but that shouldn't take too long.

Anyway, it was a good day. It felt good to get back in the game! Now I just need to figure out how to fit some exercise into my daily routine. I know things will slow down once I get caught up, but I need to do a little something now. Currently this is how my days look like they will go...

5:30-6:00am ~ Wake up
6:00-7:30am ~ Get everyone ready and out the door
7:30-8:15am ~ Get the kids to school
8:30-5:00pm(4:30 at the earlierst) ~ WORK
5:00-5:30pm ~ Enter calls, expense report, check work emails, etc
5:30-6:30pm ~ Prepare and eat dinner
6:30-8:00pm ~ Feed Mateo, baths for Tatum and Mateo, bedtime for Tatum and Mateo
8:00-9:00pm ~ BEDTIME FOR ME (I need my sleep).

I will have to squeeze it in somewhere and figure out which days are shorter/longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, I bet that is tough trying to get it all done. I admire you, and it makes me happy that you are still making time for you...and to reach your goals!! You wont regret that.