Sunday, September 09, 2007

Bottle? What Bottle?

Well, once again, I am heading out of town tomorrow morning(Monday) to head to Florida for work. I don't want to go, but I have no choice in the matter I suppose. I will get back Thursday night by 5:30pm if all goes well.

On to better news...

As of Saturday afternoon (9-8-07), Tatum is 100% off the bottle. We switched to the sippy cup cold turkey and she hasn't even noticed!! We also introduced whole milk in her sippy cup. So, now she is getting 2-3 sippy cups with 1/2 formula and 1/2 whole milk.

She is also 100% on table foods and off the baby stuff. Today she had a cereal bar for breakfast, a turkey and cheese sandwich from Lenny's for lunch, and mac'n cheese and green peas for supper. Lunch and Supper she had juice with her meals. She still to this day has not eaten anything that she doesn't like. The only thing she had to warm up to was scrambled eggs last week that we had when we went to the lake.

Finally, she is only getting her pacifier in bed and in the car. We are hoping that is gone by her 1st birthday!! We will see about that because she is more attached to that thing that the bottle!

Speaking of 1st birthdays....we (I) have started planning Tatum's first birthday! I have a great idea for the party( I think it is a great idea anyway), but I am keeping it a secret until invitations go out. I am piecing everything together and trying not to go way out for the first birthday since Tatum won't remember it anyway except from looking at all of the pictures that I am sure will be taken that day. I am stealing a few ideas from different people, but hopefully they won't mind it too much?

Tatum also has a new talent that she thinks is so funny! She CONSTANTLY has her tongue out and does it from side to side. It is so cute. It reminds me of my grandfather because he was constantly chewing on his tongue. I think we did it back and forth today and kept ourselves entertained for at least 30 minutes! It is so nice to enjoy the small things in life.

Finally, Tatum is talking nonstop! She says Mama, Dada, bye, and lots of other baby talk that I can't translate, but I think she is saying "I love you", "Thank you", "I'm hungry", and "Go Tigers!"

Okay one last thing...I know this is a long, boring blog and it has no pictures so if you are still reading this, you must be family or just really bored. Anyway, Tatum wants to get on and type for a minute....

......okay, this is Tatum.

HAPPY GRANDPARENT'S DAY GRAN, GRANDADDY, AND GRANDMOMMY!!! Mommy forgot it was Grandparent's Day, but I didn't. I just don't know how to work the phone yet so I didn't call you to tell you personally! Love you all and can't wait to see you soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's hard to believe Tatum will be 1 year old! Good luck on the pacifier.

Amanda said...

Wow, real food, no bottles . . . she hardly sounds like a baby anymore!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "Happy Grandparent's Day". It was great getting to be with you this weekend. You have grown so much and are so active. We had a good time without Mom and Dad, didn't we? You enjoyed being with your cousins--Mya and McKayla too. You really enjoyed swinging outside their house. See you again next weekend.